As the time passes, an electronic stethoscope becomes a mainstream option in the hospitals. In many years now, there is advanced technology that allows the creation of self amplified stethoscopes that have reliability with heightened sensitivity. They can run for many days without having to be recharged once again. The stethoscope allows the hearing of any click even over the clothes of the patient.
When you visit Stethoscopes.ninja, you will understand the stethoscopes are not used more often.
- First, the price is high and it is a barrier for many people.
- There is a resistance by some doctors who do not want the change. They still trust the stethoscopes they were using before and they are not ready to replace them with something they are yet to understand and which is even more expensive.
- However, even if the electronic stethoscope may be offering many advantages, it still has some complexity when it comes to the auscultation. You need to keep up with their batteries life and it will not work as it happens with plug and play stethoscopes. The user should plug it and set the amplification level.
There are still many benefits you can get when you use electronic stethoscope. Now, many doctors are turning to the use of digital stethoscopes.
However, you have also to be aware of what to expect if you are using the stethoscope.
It is less mobile and heavier: Since stethoscope will need more electronics and components, they are not mobile and they are heavy. This makes it hard to carry during the day or if there is a need of a higher mobile level.
It requires electronic source and batteries: There are different electronic stethoscopes which need the power source if they have to work in correct manner. If there is no electricity, they cannot function.
High cost: Electronic stethoscope may be too pricey and it costs hundreds in dollars. This is why it is not the first choices in the career fields where the additional features are not needed.
Opportunities of being damaged: Electronic stethoscope as any other electronic device, they may be damaged more easily compared to the non electronic stethoscope. There are medical professionals who move a lot and they will not be willing to invest into the stethoscope which may break easily.
Electronic interference: The electronic stethoscope is susceptible to the electronic interference if there is any other device nearby. However, this happens with individual stethoscope. High quality electronic stethoscope does not have this issue.
According to Stethoscopes.ninja, there are many benefits of an electronic stethoscope and this is why it is a useful item in some situations. You may need an electronic stethoscope if you are
- Medical professional who work in specialty field and who require to have precise reading like in cardiology field.
- Individual who have hearing problems and who cannot listen with the regular stethoscope
- Medical professional who would want to keep the record of the patient through visual or sound recording data.